New role for an ambitious Operations Controller reporting to the General Manager. Based on client site as a key point of contact between client, supplier and warehouse. This is a stand alone role that may progress to start with the opportunity to progress into a man-management role.
You will be part their ambitious growth big plan for 2018, joining a very well established, fast growing, global logistics company, based in the Fashion retail industry. As the Operations Controller you will love working in a fast paced and demanding environment, working to tight deadlines, therefore you thrive under pressure.
The role Operations Controller is to manage one of the key operations for a key client!
The main duties are as follows:
- Operational coordination of the clients operation within their warehouse
- Coordinate and engage with the operational team to drive enhanced performance to exceed customer expectations
- Manage customer communication by phone email and order schedules and deliveries
- Manage operational goals and metrics, responsibility for ensuring the team meet agreed KPI’s
- Coordinate with the management team to ensure adherence to agreed warehouse management system, SOP’s and processes within the warehouse
- Working with operational team to review SOP’s & processes to ensure an efficient process and suggest continuous improvement.
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are introduced and manage Inventory levels to contractual requirements.
- Prepare and manage monthly operational and quarterly business reviews
We are seeking flexible, proactive and focussed individuals, who are also able to coordinate other team members and have the ability to make things happen. You must be able to communicate well as this job requires extensive customer and supplier contact at various levels.
Experience & skills: –
- Logistic operational management experience
- Warehouse management system experience
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer focused with proactive approach to customer service
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of dispatch on web, retail and wholesale channels
- Able to understand and deliver Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
37.5 hours Monday to Friday.