Get that work/life balance right!
This topic has come up on many occasions recently, so I have decided to write a short blog on getting that work/life balance right.
Career, Love, Wealth & Family
The main thing to remember is that not everyone is the same, people may give you advice on getting the balance right, but only you know what is most important to you at different stages of your life.
Things to consider:
- Working hard and often can cost you family time now, however it may give you financial freedom and more family time in the future
- Career vs Money – In order to have a career sometimes you need to take risks e.g. taking a lower salary in your next job, although less money at first, you will be trained and developed into something you actually love
- Working hard does give you financial freedom, so what means more to you – a good school and all the latest toys for your children? or TIME and fun at the park with your children?
- You can combine what you love to do and what you need to do for financial reasons, for example working your 9-5 job as well as being captain of the local rugby team and holding a football season ticket
- You MUST make time for YOURSELF as well, all these things are important, but “me time” will enable you to manage these priorities more effectively
- If money was no object, how would you get the balance right? This will tell you what you really LOVE and should never let go, however you fit it into your routine
So have a think about it, stop for a minute and just think about what is most important to you and your life, here and now…